Thursday, February 23, 2012

An Introduction and a Photo

(clicking will enlarge the photo)

My name is Caroline Chen, and I am a former piano student of Mrs. Neuls. I studied piano with her for many years. I loved her dearly, as I know all of you do too.

When April Maa, a fellow student of Mrs. Neuls and close friend, approached me about setting up a website to help spearhead this project in memory of Mrs. Neuls, I immediately jumped in. I am by no means a web guru, so I have just tried to set up an easy way to keep people updated on our progress towards raising $2300 CDN towards keeping her memory alive in the Calgary Kiwanis Music Festival.

The Calgary Kiwanis Music Festival staff have been so helpful. April called and ended up speaking to someone who actually remembers Mrs. Neuls and how she went in every year to donate. Hopefully we have explained everything on the "How to Donate" page thoroughly enough to minimize confusion over how to make sure your donation goes towards the scholarship trust fund we are coordinating in Mrs. Neuls' name.

In closing, I wanted to explain the photos above. In 1985, April and I won 1st place at the Kiwanis Festival for a duet piece. Mrs. Neuls was so proud of us. Many years later, despite Mrs. Neuls' complete TERROR of flying, she flew down for April's wedding. April is on the left in both pictures, and I am on the right. These photos have always been special to us; they are a constant reminder of how much Mrs. Neuls means to us.

We hope you'll stay tuned for updates. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment